Silver Peak’s Network Memory is different from other WAN deduplication solutions in the following ways:
• Works on all IP Applications – Silver Peak offers the only WAN deduplication solution that works at the IP layer of the OSI stack. This enables Silver Peak’s deduplication to work on all IP traffic, regardless of transport protocol – from traditional TCP applications to those that run over UDP, proprietary or encapsulated protocols.
• Byte Level Granularity – Silver Peak uses an instruction-based approach to data referencing that leverages specific star t-stop instructions to indicate where duplicate data can be found and retrieved. This is much more granular than alternative token based approaches to deduplication, whereby tokens are created by a hash function to represents “segments” of data. The Silver Peak architecture provides true byte-level granularity, the benefit of which is most apparent in applications where a change to a dataset is spread randomly throughout the original dataset, as is the case with AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, and video streaming.
• Scalable – Silver Peak’s Network Memory does not rely on the underlying operating system to perform TCP re-assembly and re-segmentation operations. This enables the Silver Peak solution to suppor t hundreds of thousands of simultaneous user sessions (ie TCP flows), which is significantly higher than competitive offerings.
• Low Latency – Silver Peak performs pattern matching in real-time on each individual IP packet, enabling deduplication to take place with very little latency ( < 1 ms on average). This is in contrast to other deduplication solutions that add significant latency by buffering traffic prior to matching patterns. The result is that Silver Peak is the only vendor capable of deduping real-time and interactive applications, like Citrix, video streaming, and Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).
• Maximum Data Store Efficiency – Silver Peak stores a single instance of information for all offices connected to an appliance, which maximises the data store in each NX appliances. Some other solutions store a separate instance of information for each WAN link, resulting in a large disparity between stated disk capacity and effective capacity.
Contact Us Today to discuss your WAN Optimisation with Silver Peak.